Friday, January 8, 2016

Discussing an article

Hmmm...

I felt ill-equipped to have the discussion today, although I had read the article. My head space was still with the painting of the lounge ceiling at home!! But having the talk with Fetaui afterwards was such an eye opener. Just goes to show that there are so many layers to a person-- we only see the tip of the iceberg. Felt so much respect for her and what she had achieved! I digress... so...

Tips--


  • I need to revise my idea of 'doing a reading' drastically. Just reading it a few times is not going to cut it.  It would be beneficial of getting in the habit to take notes thoroughly from the beginning. I will attempt to take notes on the format that Sean devised and see if that works for me.
  • It was good that I was able to ask to see somebody's note-taking. People were more than happy to share.
  • The informal discussion at the end was so valuable. Bouncing ideas off each other was great!

Questions--

  • I'm still not sure about the difference between the abstract and the introduction of an article. Maybe things will become clearer when I read and take apart the next article.

Reflections--

  • Talk to others and the facilitators-- so valuable
  • Ask questions
  • Possible idea for research-- communication between adults in the workplace; how the quality of communication impacts staff wellbeing; how the quality of communication impacts quality of output. Let's see where this takes me. I will need to narrow it down drastically, but it is a starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment