Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Session 3

Wow! That was one intensive session. A whole lot of information to be taken in and processed. Not much time to do this though, as the first assignment is due shortly. It does not help when other family situations impact on the time available. Thank goodness for the weekend's grace time offered!

Tips:

  • Being a purposeful and discerning reader in order to be able to make most of my limited time resources; make notes instead of just highlighting-this will help me to remember what I understood and why I thought it was important.
  • My lecture notes are full of helpful tips about reading, writing and critiquing an article. I am finding that I am constantly reviewing my notes as I attempt to make my way through the first assignment.
  • Participating in classroom discussions-- so.o.o.o important!!

Questions:
  • What do I know about APA referencing? Will soon find out.
  • How am I going to ensure that I have head space available to do readings /assignments if an unforeseen family situation crops up? Finding it very difficult to distance myself from the issue at hand and focus on the assignment.

Reflections:
  • Yay! I think the note taking worked today. I was able to make sense of what I had typed (mostly)
  • Hope my assignment makes sense to Jean.

No comments:

Post a Comment